Dear Students, Parents/Guardians,
I hope this message finds you all well. This is an update to my original March 21 email to you that outlined our initial plans at that time.
First, on a personal note:
To Students – I want to compliment you on the positive manner in which you are currently undertaking your studies. This event is not a movie, not a story. It is real life. For many – if not most – this may be the largest community/country challenge that we have faced. We will conquer this in the same way our parents and grandparents conquered their challenges—they each did their part (to help) to the best of their ability/circumstances. Please continue to work on your studies. As I said previously, do the work your teachers are giving you, to the course expectation standards, and your success will continue. That’s how you can play your part.
To Parents/Guardians – Thank you for your positive feedback. Hudson’s “plan” for your child has anticipated what is unfolding. Bottom line: they will continue to be taught by their teachers through to the end of the current regular year and will gain their credits—of course, subject to them meeting the course expectations.
To All (a few specifics) – It has been just announced today that the public system will now remain closed until Monday, May 4, at which time they will look at reopening.
- Our current semester finishes at the end of April.
- Our third semester begins in May. Therefore, as planned, we will finish this semester online to the end of April.
- We will have final exams. We will do this in a manner that fits the circumstances and will update you at a timely date in April as to the specifics of implementation.
- We already have the individual student timetables in place for the May-June semester based on their previous picks. Mid-April, these choices will be reconfirmed with students.
- As we get closer to a possible May return to school, we will then update—using the Provincial decision—if we will resume teaching in school or if we will have our teachers teach online. If it is an online method, we will still be able to complete those courses by the usual end of June timeline.
- Grade 12s: All continues to remain in place for your successful finish this year at the regular time(s) you planned. Just keep up your good efforts under your teachers’ guidance. You’ll finish and still maintain your offers from university/college.
In sum: outside circumstances have/are changing. Hudson’s plan has not—we will continue to meet this challenge.
I know all of us are keeping one another in our minds—with kind thoughts, best wishes, and a hope for the safety of all our family members.