SCHOOL SUPPLY PROTOCOLS FOR SAFETY
The following protocols are implemented to ensure the safety of our staff and students and by extension, our community of family members.
Teachers will inform you of the specific supplies needed for their classroom.
However, please provide:
- 4 masks per child each labeled individually and stored in a sealed plastic bag
- Label or all your children’s belongings as this will limit contact of materials by others
- Limit the objects that come into the school – no toys
- Hudson will limit the objects (paper, books) that go home
- If lunch or snacks are brought from home, make sure your child can open and easily access their food (thermos containers, packaging on snacks)
- Water bottles must be clearly labeled
- Grade 1 and up – Each child should have a small bottle of hand sanitizer
- Please label all school supplies – students will not be sharing school supplies
School Rules to Reinforce at Home
- Students must wear a mask at school, help your child by explaining why masks are important in helping to prevent themselves and others from getting sick
- Practice hand washing/sanitizing, in particular, before removing the mask
- Explain why sharing of materials (water bottles, supplies, food, clothing) won’t be allowed because we want to prevent spreading the virus
- Remind them to not touch their face
- Explain why students need to be further apart when they are sitting or standing in their line
For JK–Grade 2
- If you are providing face shields, provide two, each individually labeled and an extra one stored in a plastic bag
- Practice opening food containers to help make children more independent
- Make sure your child is able to dress independently for outdoor activity: put on shoes (Velcro shoes are a good idea) and sweaters, coats, etc.
- Please make sure they are able to change themselves if they have a washroom accident
- Label all items including water bottles
- No toys in the school
Rose Bastien Hons. B.A., B.Ed., M.Ed., OCT.
Head of Curriculum
Hudson College, Lower School